Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Lovin' the Lowcountry


As I'm sure you all are aware (because you are avidly following my blogging brilliance), it's been a little while since my last post. The main reason for that is because I've been living at Taco Boy. The Downtown location just opened up last Tuesday and business has been good (check out the photo Jamee took). Although I've been enjoying every waking minute, I haven't had a lot of time to sit down to write!


However... this morning I was able to take a little adventure to some great local businesses. I say adventure because I still am not extremely familiar with the area - thank goodness for GPSs!


My first stop was at Hokus Pokus, a costume shop who have generously decided to donate a 17th century costume to us. We will be celebrating "Independent's Day" and need to look the part! If you need a great costume or want to chat it up with some great people (Giles Taylor is the owner), give them a call at 843-556-6607. They're located at 1015 St. Andrew's Blvd.


Next stop: Charleston Bicycle Co. I stopped in to see Mike who has decided to become a member of LLF! We're extremely excited to have them (especially because I have inherited an old Schwin bike and I'm not bike-savvy yet).


Stop numero three: Spirit Moves. Interested in Yoga or Nia? Well here's your spot. Oh yeah - they also believe in and sell chocolate... what could be better?


Stop four: Although I do work for Taco Boy, there's another great little Mexican place called Zia Taqueria. They are an "authentic Mexican taqueria" that uses natural ingredients. They're at 1956 Maybank Highway.


Finally, I made it over to Hall's Chophouse to drop off a decal. I spoke with Billy who has quite the personality! They're located on King Street.


I'll try to keep everyone posted. But just as a friendly reminder, if you need to find any local businesses/services, visit Lowcountry Local First's website to check out our online directory that lists all of our members.




No comments:

Post a Comment