Monday, May 11, 2009

First day... first blog!

Hi! My name is Amy Graul and I am the new Administrative Coordinator at Lowcountry Local First. Today is my first day on the job as well as the first day I can call myself a 'blogger' (so bear with me if I seem like a blogging beginner). As a contribution to this great organization, I wanted to document my experiences in and around the local community. Naturally, blogging seemed the best way to accomplish this. So here I go....

Quick introduction; I just received my Master's Degree from the School of Natural Resources and Environment at the University of Michigan. My concentration was in Behavior, Education and Communication. I was lucky enough to secure a position with Lowcountry Local First, and now, here I am. What attracted me most to this particular organization was the emphasis placed on supporting local economies, businesses and agriculture (exactly what I had been studying in Michigan). Additionally, South Carolina is significantly warmer than Michigan and I am definitely not cut out for the cold.

I look forward to meeting, working with and supporting the many local businesses and people in and around Charleston! As I'm brand new to the area, I'm sure that I'll have plenty of stories to share!

Well, that about does it for my first posting... they'll get better, I promise! So stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent Blog! You should be very proud of everything your doing, it's refreshing to see someone doing what they believe in and making a valuable contribution to our future. I look forward to reading about your future harvests and can't wait to find out the many ways to prepare kale; YUM!
    UGOAMOS!

    ReplyDelete